Canon PIXMA MG2500 is one of Canon's products, MG Series which continues the same design style with MG Series previous product. Still equipped with FINE Cartridge ink tank, with Hi-speed USB interface, provide stylish design and function of the ink-jet MG Series have. Of course, the printer features provided are printing, copying, and scanning.
Canon PIXMA MG2500 at this time is compatible with Windows 8.1 which is a system of computer operation that relatively new, before the windows 10. Windows 8.1 meant here, belong to it, also the windows update. The product offers a resolution in printing about 4800 (horizontal) x 600 dpi (vertical) dpi. Ink droplets used in this product can be set in the amount of 1/4800 inch at minimum. With software installation to be performed, driver installation of this product requires at least 1.5 Gigabyte of data storage, if there are no additions in doing installing software. With a design that continuing the MG series previous design, this product has a weight of about 3.5 kg.
Like Canon PIXMA MG2100, ink saving feature owned by this products from Cannon becomes an easy and economical choice for some people. Ink cartridge used, this time, is PG 545 and CL 546 that accompanied by optional XL cartridges like any other MG series. In addition, this product also comes with supporting applications Easy-WebPrint EX which provides ease of to doing the printing. But keep in mind, for the use of this supporting applications, it needs an internet connection. Although it is not a printer with the speed of the fastest printers, but the print speed MG Series offers is not slow, it can be categorized as fairly quick.
Canon PIXMA MG2500 offers economical specifications that a lot of people need, with 30% ink saving the printer offers, products MG Series offered by Canon can be an option for people to do the printing, scanning, or copy a document.
Canon PIXMA MG2500 Specifications
- Functions: Print, Copy & Scan
- Print Resolution: Up to :4800×600″ dpi
- Scanner Resolution: (Optical) “600×1200” dpi
- Standard Ink Cartridges: CL-546 (Colour), PG-545 (Black)
- Optional XL Ink Cartridges: CL-546XL (Colour), PG-545XL (Black)
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Mac OS X v10.11 / OS X v10.10 / Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Linux
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA MG2500:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA MG2500 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG2500. The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.