Canon PIXMA MG2540 offers a Compact All-In-One design that make printer easy to be placed in the home. This printer product has a primary function to scan, copy, and print. Style design of these products offer a stylish design with all-white color. This product offers a high enough resolution, that up to 4800 dpi with FINE cartridge technology that it had.
Canon PIXMA MG2540 has the concept of saving ink, that is with the use of optional cartridge can print more results, but uses less ink. This is because in addition to having a standard cartridge, this printer also has optional XL cartridges. The standard cartridge is PG-445 (Black) and CL-446 (Colour), while the optional cartridge is PG-445XL (Black) and CL-446XL (Colour). Besides offering ink savings feature, this product also offers a print speed of 8.0ipm for mono and 4.0ipm for color, with maximized print resolution up to 4800 dpi.
Like Canon PIXMA MG2140, the print quality is quite good resolution and print speed offered can also be said to be fast, although not the fastest. Plus this product features a smart web printing, with features can print the content on the web that we need. This feature can be used with the help of Easy-WebPrint EX plug-in. Furthermore, this product features auto power off, where the printer will be in the off condition when not in use, so it can save power and can facilitate a person when you want to print. In addition, this product also comes with features My Image Garden and CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM.
The features mentioned above are features of Canon PIXMA MG2540. In addition to offering a stylish design that is easily placed in the home, this product also offers a feature that allows users to perform printing with ease and flexible. For more complete specifications you can see on the web canon provide.
Canon PIXMA MG2540 Driver & Software Specifications
- Software Included: MP Driver including Scanning Utility, My Image Garden with Full HD Movie Print, Quick Menu, Easy-WebPrint EX (download)
- Print Resolution Up to 4800 x 600 dpi, Mono Print Speed: Approx. 8.0 ipm¹, Colour Print Speed: Approx. 4.0 ipm¹
- Scanner Type: CIS flatbed photo and document scanner
- Scanner Resolution (Optical): 600 x 1200 dpi, A4 Scan Speed: Approx. 14 seconds
- Copy Speed; sFCOT: Approx. 31 seconds, sESAT: Approx. 1.6 ipm
- Weight: Approx. 3.5 kg, Dimensions (W x D x H): 426 x 306 x 145mm
- Paper Sizes; Plain paper: A4, A5, B5, Letter, Legal, Photo paper: 10x15cm, 13x18cm, Envelopes: DL, COM10
- Paper Types: Plain Paper, Envelopes, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Photo Paper Glossy “Everyday Use” (GP-501)
- Standard Ink Cartridges: PG-445 (Black), CL-446 (Colour)
Operating System Compatibility:
Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA MG2540:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA MG2540 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG2540. The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.