All of the people will surely want to have the kind of printer that can also do the scanning and copying needs, especially for those who are working at their home. If you consider yourself as one of them, then Canon PIXMA MG3160 printer is one printer that you will need. That is because this printer has all of the things that you need related with all of those home office needs such as printing, scanning, and copying.
Starting with the printing, that is something that you should never ask again, especially if the printer is manufactured by Canon. You can simply say that all of the printers manufactured by Canon will give you the nice printing result and that has been proven since the performance of this printer is considered as the top class. with the accurate color for color and photo printing, plus the crisp and detailed black and white text printing and fast printing speed from Canon PIXMA MG3160 printer, what else do you ever need? This printer can be simply considered as the full package that you ever need.
If you are asking for its scanning performance, you can make sure that the image that was made through the scanning process will be the best. Like Canon PIXMA MG2170, that is because the scanning using this printer is able to generate the maximum of 1200 by 2400 dpi resolution. That means, the result is considerably nice. As an addition, you will only need some seconds to finish one image of scan. For the copying need, this printer is considerably average since the copy thing is something that almost any copy printer can give to you. For the speed, it is relatively fast even though you might not recognize the copying speed of this Canon PIXMA MG3160 printer compared with some other copy printers.
Canon PIXMA MG3160 Driver & Software Specs
- Ink Tank (Page yields): (approx. 180) PG640, (approx. 180) CL641, (approx. 400) CL641XL, (approx. 400) PG640XL, (approx. 600) PG640XXL.
- Power Consumption: Standby (Lamp off, connect to PC via USB): Approx 2.8W, OFF (Connect to PC via USB) 0.4 W, Copying: Approx 20W
- Max. Printing Resolution: up to “4800” (horizontal) x “1200” (vertical) dpi
- Scan Resolution (Optical): up to “1200 x 2400” dpi
- Dimension(WxDxH): Approx. 449 x 304 x 152mm, Weight: Approx. 5.5kg
- Compatible Media: Plain Paper, Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101), Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Photo Paper Plus semi-gloss (SG-201), Glossy Photo Paper “Everyday Use” (GP-501), Matte Photo Paper (MP-101)
Operating System Compatibility:
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Macintosh / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Linux.
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA MG3160:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA MG3160 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG3160. The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.