While you are looking for the new printer for your home, you should see the specification of it that it offers to you. You should make sure that your chosen printer will be the best opt for you. You may consider the Canon PIXMA MG4120 for your new printer because it has perfect spec for you. This printer has three functions like printing, scanning, and also copying. While you use the printer function, you will get the maximum resolution for the black document is up to 600 x 600 dpi, and for the color document is up to 4800 x 1200 dpi. Like Canon PIXMA MG2120, you also can use various paper sizes like 4 x 6”, 8 x 10”, 5 x 7”, Legal, Letter, and also U.S. #10 Envelopes with the maximum of tray capacity is up to 100 sheets. There are many printer features such as Auto Duplex Print, Calendar Print, Document Print, Photo Index Sheet, and many more.
While you are using the copier function, you will get the speed for copying the FCOT color is up to 10 seconds. You also can reduce or enlarge the document is from 25% up to 400% with many copier features such as Masking Copy, Trimming Copy, Multiple Copy, Manual Color Adjustment, and many more. While you are using the scanner function with this Canon PIXMA MG4120, you will get the Flatbed CIS type with the maximum resolution of optical is up to 1200 x 2400 dpi and of interpolated is up to 19200 x 19200 dpi.
The other general features that you will get in this Canon PIXMA MG4120 like 2.4” LCD, Wi-Fi LED, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Sheet Feeder,, Scroll Wheel, Quick Start, and Quick Access UI. It also has the Operating System requirements like Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS X version 10.4.11 up to version 10.6.x13.
Canon PIXMA MG4120 Driver & Software Specs
- Copy Features: 4-in-1 / 2-in-1, Auto Duplex Copy, Auto Exposure/Intensity Copy, Face Brightener/Fading Correction, Fit-to-Page, Gutter Shadow Correction Copy, Image Repeat, Intensity, Manual Colour Adjustment, Masking Copy, Multiple Copy: 1-99 Pages, Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios, Trimming Copy, Zoom
- Scanner Type: Flatbed, Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor(CIS), Max. Resolutions – Optical:1200 x 2400 dpi, Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
- Scanner Features: Auto Document Fix, Auto Scan Mode8, Gutter Shadow Correction, Push Scan, Scan to Memory, Wireless Scanning
- Software Included: Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM, PIXMA MG4120 Printer Driver, Easy-PhotoPrint EX, Easy-WebPrint EX16, Full HD Movie Print, MP Navigator EX, Solution Menu EX
- Print Speed (up to): 4″ x 6″ Borderless Photo: Approx. 44 seconds, Black:ESAT (Black) Approx. 9.9 ipm, Colour:ESAT (Colour) Approx. 5.7 ipm
- Print Resolution (Up to) – Colour:Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi, Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Paper Sizes: 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10,” Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 envelopes
- Dimension (W x D x H): 12.0″W x 17.7″L x 6.0″H, Weight: 12.5 lbs
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA MG4120:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA MG4120 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG4120. The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.