When picking up the new printer, you must think about its spec. You should ensure that you need the printer such as like what you want. If you need more than one function in one printer, you can use the Canon PIXMA MG4140 for it because it has printing, scanning and also copying functions. While using the printer function, you will get the maximum resolution is up to 4800 x 1200 dpi with the speed for mono print ESAT is around 9.9 ipm and for color print ESAT is around 5.7 ipm. You can use various paper sizes like A5, A4, B5, Legal, Letter, Envelopes (Commercial #10 or DL size), 13 x 18 cm, 10 x 15 cm, and also 20 x 25 cm with the maximum sheets of front tray is 100 sheets.
Like Canon PIXMA MG2150, while using the scanner function, you will get Flatbed CIS color scanner type with the maximum resolution of optical is up to 1200 x 2400 dpi. While using the copier function with this Canon PIXMA MG4140, you will get the speed for copying the document color of FCOT is around 20 seconds and of ESAT is around 4.3 ipm. You also can reduce or enlarge your document start from 25% until 400% with the maximum number of Multiple Copy is 99 copies.
As what the other printers do, this Canon PIXMA MG4140 also has its operating systems requirements that will make this printer can work very well. You must ensure that you use one of these operating system requirements in your PC like Windows RT, Windows 8 with 32 and 64 bit, Windows 7 with 32 and also 64 bit, Windows XP with 32 bit only, Windows Vista with 32 and also 64 bit, Windows 2000 and also Mac OS X version 10.4.11 up to version 10.8.
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA MG4140:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA MG4140 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG4140. The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.