What do you want from this Canon PIXMA MG4160? If you expect more about this printer, you just have to check the spec of it to make you can decide whether you want it or not. This printer has another function besides the printing itself like scanning and also copying. For the printer function, you will get the maximum resolution of printing the document is up to 4800 x 1200 dpi with the speed of black and white printing is around 9.9 ipm and for the color is around 5.7 ipm, and for printing the photo with 4 x 6” is around 44 seconds. You have opt the paper sizes that you want to use like A4, A5, B5, Legal, Letter, Envelopes with Com10 and DL size, 4 x 6”, 8 x 10”, and also 5 x 7”.
While using the copier function, you can enlarge or even reduce your document start from 25% up to 400%. The speed of copying the color document is around 20 second with the multiple copy is up to 99 copies. While using the scanner function in this Canon PIXMA MG4160, you will get the type of scanner is Flatbed CIS with the maximum resolution is up to 1200 x 2400 dpi with the scanning bit depth for grayscale is 16 bit/8 bit, and for color is 48 bit/ 24 bit.
Like Canon PIXMA MG3100 & Canon PIXMA MG2100, the other general features that you will get like the 2.4” LCD TFT color, MP Navigator EX, Easy-PhotoPrint EX, Canon Solution Menu, Easy WebPrint EX for IE7+ only, On Screen Manual, and also Adobe RGB. This Canon PIXMA MG4160 printer also has the operating system requirements for your PC to make it can perform well. You must use one of the systems requirements like Windows SP3 with 32 bit only, Windows SP2 with 32 bit only, Windows Vista with 32 and 64 bit, Windows 7 with 32 and 64 bit, Mac OS X version 10.4.11, version 10.5.v, and also version 10.6.v.
Canon PIXMA MG4160 Driver & Software Specs
- Ink Tanks: FINE CL641 PG640, (CL641XL, PG640XL, PG640XXL [optional]).
- Supported Paper Sizes: A4, Letter, Legal, A5, B5, Envelopes (DL, COM10), 4″x6″, 5″x7″, 8″x10″
- Special Copy Functions: Two sided copy, borderless copy, 4 on 1 copy, image repeat, fit-to-page
- Software Included: Easy-PhotoPrint EX, MP Navigator EX, Easy WebPrint EX (IE7+ only), Canon Solution Menu, Adobe RGB, On Screen Manual
- Printing Resolution: up to: “4800 x 1200” dpi
- Print Speed – B&W: 9.9 ipm Colour: 5.7 ipm 4”X6” photo: Approx. 44 seconds
- Scanner Type: Flatbed CIS, Scanning resolution: (optical) up to: “1200 x 2400” dpi
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 449 x 304 x 152mm, Weight: Approx. 5.7 kg
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA MG4160:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA MG4160 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG4160. The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.