Are you a busy home officer on a budget but need two sides text and image sheets using special double sided paper of photo and can be outputted up to 300 pages between refills? Then the Canon PIXMA MG4200 printer should be the top of your choice. Completing with a powerful performances, the four colour inkjet with an automatic duplexing, decent output of text, and dual paper trays which makes it enable to alternate between the paper stocks. Like Canon PIXMA MG2150 & Canon PIXMA MG2220, the sleek and compact design of the printing might be an additional plus consideration for the customers to choose the device. Available in single colour option, which is black, this efficient yet on budget printer will fill all your bills with an satisfying performance since the very first time you brought it home.
After taking it home, we need several minutes in order to install it. The most spending time would be on installing the printer drivers and the optional software for managing and editing pictures and printing website pages. It is completed by a 2.0 USB cable, put in the separate print head and five ink tanks. The Canon PIXMA MG4200 has a flip-up vertical tray to fold approximately 150 paper sheets. It perfectly fits in flush with the printer when it is loaded by the 4x6 inch paper and the extended outward when you load it with 8,5x11 inch paper in stock. Talking about the printing quality, it would be rather satisfied. The clear and spotless result of either text or document will really turn up your necessities.
The most advantage of having this Canon PIXMA MG4200 is the ability of the tool to work flawlessly. The users can decide margins and a specific gutter for stapling on whether four sides of the sheet. The printer accommodates to do not encounter any feed problems, the duplexing from the automatic sheet or the cassette; instead the printing machine provides a door on the back for solving the unsnarling paper jams.
Canon PIXMA MG4200 Specifications
- Main Functions: Print, Copy & Scan
- Standard Ink Cartridges: 2 FINE Cartridges: PG-440 (Black), CL-441 (Colour)
- Print Resolution: Up to 4800×1200 dpi
- Optional Ink Cartridges: High yield XL Cartridges: PG-440XL (Black), CL-441XL (Colour)
- Scanner Resolution (Optical): Up to 1200×2400 dpi
Canon PIXMA MG4200 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Mac OS X v10.5 / Linux
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA MG4200:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA MG4200 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG4200. The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.