The $130 net Canon PIXMA MG4220 printer with the colour inkjet multifunction will easily manage home office user necessities, but the costs of the ink are little higher than the standard average, moreover if the users make the mistake of purchasing the PG-240 and CL-241 cartridge low capacity. But nothing to worry much since the printer device provides a pretty output, enable a fast work of documents and copies with automatically duplexes with nice features set for such that low price.
Like PIXMA MX452 & PIXMA MG5250, the users may simply set it up using Wi-Fi or USB connectivity available features. Yet the control panel is still not too simple to use. In other hand, the software model is quite efficient and the new speed up menu for the common duties is easy on the eyes. The Canon PIXMA MG4220 enables the users with full support for scanning, web printing, and of course copying their documents and images. The device 100 sheets input tray and 50 sheets out tray turn it into a bit strict low volume printer. The users will not find an automatic document feeder for A4 letter sice on the device top part. It also supported by the Memory Card slot which makes the users enable to directly print the photo from their SD Card or any other Memory Stick.
The Canon PIXMA MG4220 is rather quick enough to be used for a home office user to print and copy the business documents. The resulted output of the printer is nice, but still typically the current generation of Canon. If you set it on the default setting, the resulted text will be black and sharp, while the monochrome graphics might have a slight tinted purple. In other hand, the plain paper colour graphics will be a bit darker and more contrast used. If you install it on the device’s best setting, the text will be quite good for such business documents, though it will be extremely slower to come compared with the default setting.
Canon PIXMA MG4220 Driver & Software Specs
- Paper Compatibility – Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper, Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy, Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster, Matte: Matte Photo Paper, Envelope: U.S.# 10 Envelope
- Copy Speed (up to) – FCOT(Color) Approx. 20 seconds, Copy Features – 4-on-1 / 2-on-1 Copy, Auto Exposure Copy, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Copy, Fade Restoration, Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy, Multiple Copy: 1-99 Pages, Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios, Two-sided Copy, Zoom
- Scanner Type – Flatbed, Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS), Max. Resolutions – Optical:1200 x 2400 dpi, Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
- Scanner Features – Auto Scan Mode, Attach to E-Mail Scan, Network Scan, Push Scan, Scan to Memory Card, Wireless Scanning
- Print Speed (up to) – 4 x 6 Borderless Photo: Approx. 44 seconds, Black:ESAT (Black) Approx. 9.9 ipm, Color:ESAT (Color) Approx. 5.7 ipm
- Print Resolution (Up to) – Color:Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi, Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Software Included – Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM PIXMA MG4220 Printer Driver Easy-WebPrint EX6 My Image Garden Quick Menu
- Dimension (W x D x H) – 17.7W x 12.0D x 6.0H, Weight: 12.4 lbs
Canon PIXMA MG4220 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Mac OS X v10.5 / Linux
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA MG4220:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA MG4220 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG4220. The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.