The Canon PIXMA MG4260 is an all in one inkjet printer functioning on scanning, copying and of course printing which enables the users to do it directly from their memory card or the USB sticks. They may also connect it wirelessly to the home network. If you are planning to buy a new one and you have got a household with multiple computers device, then this series is quite affordable choice for meeting your printing necessities.
Like Canon PIXMA MG2100 & Canon PIXMA MG2900, the easy to set up inkjet printer in multifunction role might take several times to be done the process if the users are not too familiar with this Canon PIXMA MG4260. The users will need to unwrapped the printer and remove all its protective wrapping then install the printer body of head and five ink tanks before the print head alignment and the page of the test. Coming to power it up, connect it to your PC or laptop and do start installing all necessary software. 2.4 in colour LCD of the printer an valuable investment additional point of the printer. It makes the printer be a lot easier to use when the users print it directly. Same goes for scanning or copying the documents or photos without PC or laptop help.
The printing device is completed with a wireless connectivity which is extra useful to make the Canon PIXMA MG4260 be quite attractive to multi-computer households. The easy up connected to the wireless access point of the printing device enables the users to use the scroll wheel and display while accessing it over the network. The front part which is card slots and USB ports make a direct printing process from the network to the printer. It is so simple step to do although there is not many scopes for editing or customizing your images before you printing it.
Canon PIXMA MG4260 Driver & Software Specs
- Printing Resolution – 4800 x 1200 dpi, Print Speed – B&W: 9.9 ipm, Colour: 5.7 ipm, 4”X6” photo: Approx. 44 seconds.
- Scanner Type – Flatbed CIS, Scanning resolution: 1200 x 2400 optical dpi
- Copier Speed – Colour document: Approx 20 sec, Multiple Copy: 99 pages
- Software Included – My Image Garden, Easy WebPrint EX (IE7/8/ 9), Canon Solution Menu, Adobe RGB, On Screen Manual
- Ink Tanks – FINE PG640, CL641 (Optional High Yield – PG640XL, CL641XL, PG640XXL)
- Supported Paper Sizes – A4, Letter, Legal, A5, B5, Envelopes (DL, COM10), 4″x6″, 5″x7″, 8″x10″
- Mobile Phone/Tablet Printing – Print from any iOS or Android mobile device through Apple AirPrint, available to download at App Store (Apple) and Play Store (Android).
- Wireless LAN Network Type – IEEE802.11n/IEEE802.11g/IEEE802.11b
- Dimensions (W x D x H) – 449 x 304 x 152mm, Weight: Approx. 5.7 kg
Canon PIXMA MG4260 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Mac OS X v10.5 / Linux
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA MG4260:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA MG4260 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG4260. The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.