Canon PIXMA MG5510 is a valuable printer product from Canon. If you have this product, you will get the great images. As we known, Canon is the big printer vendor which is always makes something amazing. Let’s check this review to improve your knowledge about this product.
Like Canon PIXMA MG3200, this product has good performance by duplex printing mode. With 5 individuals ink tanks, it will be easy to refill. They are black, yellow, cyan, magenta and pigment black. The maximum print size is Legal paper. Canon PIXMA MG5510 is able to print some media types like; plain paper, glossy paper, envelopes, matte paper, and many more. This printer is wireless, you can operate it by Wi-Fi or USB. You also can use operation system Android and IOS to make your works easier. It has high resolution in printing and scanning. Print resolution is up to 4800 x 1200 dpi with 8.7 ipm (color) and 12.2 ipm (monochrome). The maximum number of copies is 99 sheets in 20 seconds.
Canon PIXMA MG5510 will help you to fix your job. You will get many benefits from one printer. So, you will able to save your time and money. This is so suitable for someone busy like students and professional workers.
Canon PIXMA MG5510 Printer Specification
Print Speed (up to)
4" x 6" Borderless Photo: Approx. 44 seconds
Black:ESAT (Black): Approx. 12.2 ipm
Color:ESAT (Color): Approx. 8.7 ipm
Number of Nozzles
Color: 3,072 / Pigment Black: 1,024 / Total: 4,096
Picoliter Size (color)
2 and 5
Print Resolution (Up to)
Color:Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi
Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi
PGI-150 XL Pigment Black
CLI-151 XL Cyan
CLI-151 XL Magenta
CLI-151 XL Yellow
CLI-151 XL Black
PGI-150 Pigment Black
4" x 6", 5" x 7", A4, A5, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper;
Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum;
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Matte: Matte Photo Paper;
Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope;
Chlorine-free paper can be used
AirPrint, Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing, Calendar Print, Cloud Link Printing, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Special Filters, Google Cloud Print, My Image Garden, Mobile Device Printing, Photo Printing, Cloud Link Printing, PIXMA Printing Solutions, Print from Email, Red-Eye Correction, Template Print, Trimming Print, Quiet Mode, Web Template Print, Wireless Printing
Output Tray Capacity
100 Sheets Plain Paper -OR- 20 Sheets of 4"x6" Photo Paper
Copy Speed (up to)
FCOT(Color): Approx. 20 seconds
Reduction / Enlargement
25% - 400%
4-on-1 / 2-on-1 Copy, Auto Exposure Copy, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Copy, Fade Restoration, Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy, Multiple Copy: 1-99 Pages, Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios, Two-sided Copy, Zoom
Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
Optical:1200 x 2400 dpi
Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
Auto Scan Mode, Attach to E-Mail Scan, Network Scan, Push Scan, Wireless Scanning
48-bit Input / 24-bit Output
Max. Document Size
8.5" x 11.7"
2.5" LCD, 5-color Ink System, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM, Auto Power Off, Auto Power On, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Snap Edge, Quiet Mode, PIXMA Printing Solutions4, Quick Start, Rated EPEAT Silver
Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)
Dimension (W x D x H)
18.0" (W) x 14.6" (D) x 5.9" (H)
Canon PIXMA MG5510 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Mac OS X v10.5 / Linux
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA MG5510:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA MG5510 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG5510. The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.