While you are looking for the best printer for your work in home, you have to think more about Canon PIXMA MG3660 that will help you a lot. You must consider this printer because it has all in one functions like printing, of course, copying, and also scanning. By using the printer function, you will get the maximum resolution of printing the documents is up to 4800 x 1200 dpi. You also can use some paper capacities like A5, A4, B5, Letter up to 60 sheets, Legal up to 10 sheets, 4” x 6” photo paper up to 20 sheets, 5” x 7” and 8” x 10” photo paper up to 10 sheets and also the European US/DL Com. #10 up to 5 sheets.
Like Canon PIXMA MG2440, while you are using the copier functions, you will get the speed of copying the color document is about 22 seconds per 2.7 ipm with multiple copy up to 21 pages. For the scanner functions in this Canon PIXMA MG3660, you will get the type of this scanner is using the CIS flatbed with the maximum resolution is up to 1200 x 2400 optical dpi, with the speed reflective of scanning is about 14 seconds. You also be able to print the document through your tablet or smartphone by using the PIXMA Cloud Link.
Same as the other all in one printer, this printer also requires the operating system that will make it can work very well. The operating system of this printer needs is for Windows Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 for 32 Bit only, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 10.0 and for Mac OS EI X Capitan 10.11, and also Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later. You should make sure that you have one of the system requirements to prevent any kind of slow performance of this Canon PIXMA MG3660 printer.
Canon PIXMA MG3660 Specs
- Ink Droplet Size : up to : 3pl/5pl(Y), 2pl/5pl (C/M), 11pl (PGBK)
- Print Resolution : “4800” (horizontal) x “1200” (vertical) dpi
- Scanning resolution : “1200×2400” (optical) dpi
Canon PIXMA MG3660 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11) / Linux
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA MG3660:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA MG3660 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG3660. The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.