Canon Selphy CP740 is a entry-level compact photo printer limited onboard feature set that reflects the relative position between the dedicated photo printer 4x6. However, we love the print quality and ease of use of the printer. If you are looking for a dedicated snapshot printer and you're on a budget, this is a good choice. But if you want more features and are willing to pay for them, check the Epson PictureMate Snap.
The Selphy CP740 compact indeed and can be easily slipped into a tote bag or large purse. It measures 7 inches, 2.5 inches and 5 inches. It weighs £2.1 without ink cassette paper attached, stick, or a power brick attached, with all the equipment needed, it will be a little heavier.
Face up is where the panel interface and control life. A 2 inch colored LCD embedded right on the surface of the printer. Because it is not attached to a piece of move, you must position yourself right at the top for a good vantage point. Along the edges of the LCD is buttons for power, zooming in and out of an image, red-eye removal, mode, layout, and date. Two other keys are print/stop and switch rocker four directions.
On the foreshore of three memory card slots that can accept memory cards are the most common, although some will need an adapter (not included). There are also mini-USB retractable cable to connect a PictBridge camera direct, we thought cable was pulled are a nice touch. Finally, the panels open to reveal the paper input area. Instead of loading the paper directly to the printer, you need to load paper into the paper cassette, which is then attached to the front of the printer.
At the left edge of the printer's two USB ports, one to connect the printer to the PC and another for connecting a PictBridge device (an alternative to the front-mounted mini-USB port). On the right bank are the doors that cover the ink cassette.
Canon Selphy CP740 Spec:
- Printer Type Compact photo printer - dye sublimation - color
- Technology dye sublimation
- Built-in Devices preview screen
- Preview Screen Size 2"
- Connectivity Technology wired
- Interface USB, USB host
- Direct Printing Specifications Canon Direct Print, PictBridge
- Printer Features borderless printing
- Type compact photo printer
- Portable portable
- Max H-Document Size 4 m
- Max V-Document Size 5 in
- Media Type business cards, photo paper, photo postcard paper, photo stickers
- Media Sizes 2.1 in x 3.4 in, 4 in x 5 in, 4 in x 8 in
- Type power adapter
- Power Consumption Operational 60 Watt
- Form Factor external
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 4 Watt
- Power Consumption Operational 60 Watt
- Microsoft Certifications Works with Windows Vista
- Works with Windows Vista Software and devices that carry the Works with Windows Vista logo have been tested for baseline compatibility with PC's running.
- Preview Screen Size (metric) 5.1 cm
- Max Resolution Color 300 dpi
- Type card reader
- Supported Flash Memory Cards CompactFlash Card, Memory Stick, miniSD, miniSDHC, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Microdrive, MultiMediaCard, RS-MMC, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card
- Max Media Size (Custom) 4 in x 5 in
- Media Type Photo paper, business cards, photo stickers, photo postcard paper
- Media Sizes 2.1 in x 3.4 in, 4 in x 8 in, 4 in x 5 in
- OS Required Apple MacOS X 10.3 - 10.4, Microsoft Windows Vista / 2000 / XP
- Copier Type none
- Min Operating Temperature 41 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 20 - 80%
DOCUMENT & MEDIA HANDLING
- Media Type Class other, photo paper
- Media Size Class Other
- Brand Canon
- Product Line Canon SELPHY
- Model CP740
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Compatibility Mac, PC
- Type printer
- Functions printer
- Printing Technology dye sublimation
- Printing Output Type color
- Connector Type 4 pin USB Type A
- Type USB, direct print port
- Total Qty 1
- Type CompactFlash Card, Memory Stick, RS-MMC, SD Memory Card, miniSD
- Total Qty 1
- Type Canon Easy-PhotoPrint, Canon ImageBrowser, Canon PhotoStitch, Canon ZoomBrowser EX, Drivers & Utilities
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
- Width 7 in
- Depth 5 in
- Height 2.5 in
- Weight 2.2 lbs
SERVICE & SUPPORT
- Type 1 year warranty
- PC Connection USB, USB host
SERVICE & SUPPORT DETAILS
- Service Included phone consulting
- Full Contract Period 1 year
- Type limited warranty, technical support
CNET LABS' BENCHMARKS
- CNET Labs Photo Speed Test (pages per minute) 0.92
Canon SELPHY CP740 Operating System CompatibilityWindows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Mac OS X v10.5 / Linux.
Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver Download For Windows
Here ↔Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver Windows 8.0- Windows 8.1 x32
Here ↔Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver Windows 8.0- Windows 8.1 x64
Here ↔Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP 32bit
Here ↔Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP 64bit
Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver Download For MAC OS X
Here ↔Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4
Here ↔Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Here ↔Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver OS X 10.8/10.9/10.10
Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver Download For Linux
Here ↔Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver Linux
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon SELPHY CP740:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon SELPHY CP740 In Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon SELPHY CP740.The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.