The Samsung Xpress C1860FW color laser multifunction printer is designed to print and scan from a mobile device such as a tablet or smartphone. It controls the common standards such as Apple Airprint and Google Cloudprint as well as NFC (Near Field Communication). Place the NFC-enabled mobile device on the tag on the chassis. The two devices make a handshake. The printing itself works via Wi-Fi Direct, the wireless connection that works without going through the router.
The Samsung Xpress C1860FW color laser MFP has grown into office printing, scanning, copying, and faxing even when multiple users access it. The page prices remain comparatively compatible, but not super cheap. The touch display is slightly sluggish in the reaction, the operating menu is catchy after initial input. As a disadvantage, we feel the peculiarity of the scanner not to create completely borderless scans. Here the manufacturer should improve. The combination printer is flexibly set to print and scan to and from the mobile device. The purchase price is well worth the combination printer.
Samsung Xpress C1860FW Specs:
- Type: Laser
- Manufacture: Samsung
- Function: Multifunction
- Media Size: 3
- Media Type: Plain, Thick, Thick, Cardstock, Hole Punched, Transparency, PrePrinted, LetterHead, Recycled, Archive, Bond, Label, Envelope, Cotton, Colored, Glossy, Thicker Paper
- Color Type: Color
- Resolution: 9600 dpi
- Print Speed Letter Black: 19 ppm
- Print Speed Letter Color: 19 ppm
- Connectifity: USB, WIFI,
- Weight: 47.3 Kg
- Memory: 256 MB
- Duplex Printing: No
- Number of User: 0
- Duty Cycle: 40000
- Processor: 533 MHz
- Operating System: Windows (32/64-bit) 2000 / XP / 2003/2008 Server / Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Various Linux OS, Mac OS X 10.3 ~ 10.9
- Power Consumtion: 380 W (Printing), 50 W (Standby), 2.4 W (Sleep), 3.6 W (Sleep with Wi-Fi Direct), 1.48 kWH TEC, 1.68 kWh TEC (with Wi-Fi Direct)
- Dimension: 16.5
Samsung Xpress C1860FW that driver supports intended for OS: Windows 8 (32, 64bit), Windows 8. 1 (32, 64bit),Windows 7 (32, 64bit),Windows Vista (32, 64bit),Macintosh,Mac Os Times,Linux.
Samsung SL-C1860FW Printer Drivers
OS Compatibility Mac OS, Linux, Windows (32/64-bit), Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP/2000/2003/2008 Server, Mac OS X 10.3 – OS x 10.9, Various Linux OS.
Universal Print Driver 3 PS V3.00.10.00:02 Windows (32,64bit) – (Windows 10/Windows 8.1/Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP/2003/2008/2012)
Scan Driver V3.31.48:01 Windows (32,64bit) – (Windows 10/Windows 8.1/Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP/2003/2008/2012)
Print Driver/(Add Printer) V3.13.06.02:12 Windows (32,64bit) – (Windows 10/Windows 8.1/Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP/2003/2008/2012)
Print Driver V3.13.06.02:12 Windows (32,64bit) – (Windows 10/Windows 8.1/Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP/2003/2008/2012)
Scan Driver Ver V2.31.51 for Mac OS 10.5, OS 10.11
Print Driver V1.03.00 for Mac OS 10.5, OS 10.11
Print Driver V3.00.24_00.93 – Sun Solaris 9,10,11 (x86, SPARC)
Printing and Scan Driver V1.00.37_00.99 for Linux
Print Driver V3.00.24_00.93 – IBM AIX 5.1,5.2,5.3,5.4,6.1,7.1 (PowerPC)
Software Easy Printer Manager V1.06.00.07 Windows (32/64bit) – (Windows 10/Windows 8.1/Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP/2003/2008/2012)
Scan OCR program V1.01.10 Windows (32,64bit) – (Windows 10/Windows 8.1/Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP/2003/2008/2012)
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Samsung Xpress C1860FW:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Samsung Xpress C1860FW Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Samsung Xpress C1860FW.The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.